Salary – £100,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Technology Consulting Senior Directors to join a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional.
This practice helps clients manage the risk and cost of e-discovery. From forensic data collection to fully managed document review services we collaborate with our clients to deliver strategic solutions tailored to their unique legal requirements.
With keen focus on the productivity and defensibility of document review, clients rely on the comprehensive portfolio of software and services expertise and address matters ranging from internal investigations to large-scale litigation with global e-discovery requirements.
The Director and Senior Director positions are a part of the E-discovery Consulting team. Now, following a partnership with Relativity, we are able to provide clients with the combination of Relativity and our own flagship web-based document repository.
As part of the London based team, these roles will lead on phases of e-discovery projects and will have responsibility for client delivery of projects.
Part of a cross-functional team that manages all areas related to the collection, migration, processing, analysis, conversion, quality assurance, tracking, and management of client data. In particular:
- Liaise with clients and project managers regarding client requests, managing expectations.
- Plan and execute electronic evidence collection exercises, around the UK and abroad.
- Utilise software to access, extract and cull data from electronic evidence sources
- Manage team efforts to apply analytical skills and leverage existing methodologies to various client situations
- Practice disciplines and create novel customised solutions to meet shifting client needs
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day data processing
- Co-ordinate closely with colleagues, to manage the delivery of client requirements
- Be customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities.
Requirements and Competencies
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent), ideally in a technology related or numerate subject
Skills and Competencies:
- Self-developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while handling multiple tasks through completion
- Excellent communication and client communication skills (verbal and written)
- Provide superior client service in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Flexible with working hours and has the ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Successful management/supervision of others
- Ability to think clearly under pressure
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Proven ability to conduct training in a professional environment
- Ability to travel when requested
- Strong proficiency with Windows and related software, especially Excel or Access
- Solid experience working in an e-Discovery or technology related role
- Knowledge of and experiencing in configuring and operating Relativity
- Experience with Concordance, Summation or Introspect
- Familiarity with computer and server hardware, operating systems and software
- Electronic discovery experience or experience managing document review teams
- Experience supporting document review software applications
- Familiarity with email server software (Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes)
- Knowledge and execution of data manipulation tasks, data conversion and data analysis activities in a SQL environment
- Litigation support experience