A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Client Services Director to join a leading global provider of integrated technology and services specialising in the legal industry.
As a Client Services Director you will be called upon whenever you are given to the opportunity to make things right. When clients or stakeholders engage with CSDs, they are talking to people that innately believe that providing extraordinary service is simply considered doing their job.
In the eDiscovery arena, clients require expertise and passion from their service provider. Therefore the successful Client Services Directors are accountable to lead and champion service professionals through the spectrum of attributes expected by clients. The ability to evaluate and mentor the composite of skills, judgment, intellect, technology expertise, and consultation is a baseline requirement. Successful execution on these key attributes frames are why clients repeatedly select our Client for eDiscovery services; hence their extreme focus on having the “right people.”
- Leading team through workload distribution, priorities, and quality assurance. They will instinctively raise the bar for their individual contributors and team at large. They will serve as a point of escalation for all clients within their service delivery sphere. Champion for clients and service professionals alike. Excel and engage at matter management, relationship management, consultative opportunities, SME engagement, documentation, protocols, compliance and auditing.
- Representing the face of the company in every meeting, phone call, written communication and strategy session. Clients deserve weekly status reports, monthly relationship outreach, QBRs and client annual reviews; the CSD will ensure all touch points are fully executed both in preparation and delivery on a continual basis. “Clients First” drives every priority.
- Engaging in all of the company’s performance management requirements, dedicating time to coach, counsel, elevate and support the team members in their professional care. Professionals will be aware at all times where they stand with clients and with the business.
- CSDs will be the Client Services resources sought out by Sales, Ops, Finance, DRS and TAR groups for their ability to influence decisions and get things done, to build confidence and to right the ship when the ship needs re-direction.
- Knowing your clients; extending beyond what is comfortable to know, understanding, supporting and protecting them.
- Knowing the difference between escalation, apologies, and outreach.
- Making staffing changes before clients ask you to do so.
- Ensuring that client monthly meetings include a section for “what is important to you?” “where are we falling short?”
- Soliciting input from clients on skill levels, contact points, general dynamics. Really know what success looks like for each and every client – making it a daily vitamin for your team.
- Following a client’s protocol; if it doesn’t exist, propose one.
- Engaging outside law firms as extension of the client.
- Playbooks are not optional
- Initiating strong partnership and high level of teaming with internal sales group
- Working with clients to establish best practices which meet client needs and address any prioritization issues that may arise across projects
- Driving overall client satisfaction through effective oversight, expectation deliverables and a mix of internal, client and external reference points
- Providing managerial and strategic guidance to the institutionalization of the business’s best practices for Client Services as well as cross-functionally with eDiscovery business units.
- Ability to think and act quickly and effectively in a variety of situations; assertive and decisive
- Leading a cohesive and collaborative team of geographically dispersed team members consisting of 8-12 client services, “A player” professionals;
- Championing serious team spirit and standard in the manner of a coach;
- Establishing and enforcing standard protocols and responsibilities;
- Expecting laser focus on utilization; motivate when needed;
- Conducting regular check-ins with employees in structured and productive manner
- Setting performance goals for each member of the team in line with business needs and personal/professional direction;
- Creating succession plans for future leaders in anticipation of Directors’ advancement
- Motivating and enforcing ownership in all aspects of service delivery and project management
- Being pro-active in every way; never putting your VP in a position of surprise
- Leading by example on the training and on-boarding of new team members to ensure they are appropriately oriented to the business protocols, standards, and technology
- Utilising the company HR, Talent Acquisition, Professional Development resources in an optimal fashion;
- Always collaborating with peers across departmental functional lines.
Our client is seeking a superior candidate for this unique role. As a result, they require the following background in candidates selected for this opportunity:
- A Bachelor’s (BA) degree. A Juris Doctorate (JD) degree, Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or similar advanced degrees a plus;
- A minimum of ten (10) years industry experience and five (5) years, strong track record, consistent performance and passion for service in strategic leadership roles.
- Most importantly, CSDs will need to represent the mission, vision and values of the company and will exhibit exemplary professional behaviour with distinction across all spheres of the business.
- A blend of technical, analytical, problem solving skills as well as compassion, heart, and fun to be with in the workplace.