An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Associate Director / Senior Manager within the Forensics division of a successful integrated technology and services provider for the legal profession.
You will have extensive experience in conducting data collections and computer forensic analysis, as well as the ability to undertake certain critical client facing aspects of computer forensics and electronic discovery such as scoping data collection and analysis work, affidavit and report writing, working with customers, sales personnel, project managers and other personnel, testifying, etc.
This position will require advanced capabilities in the providing of computer forensics services. The Associate Director / Senior Manager should exhibit an expert level capability in managing and conducting collections and analysis related to everything from minor to advanced aspects of forensic data, file, and email analysis. They also should display an expert level ability to provide proactive documentation of learned experiences to promote learning and should possess expert level knowledge and experience in preparing affidavits, giving depositions and/or court testimony.
Likewise, the Associate Director / Senior Manager should possess expert level capabilities such that he/she can set strategic goals and directions, leading individuals and/or teams from the beginning of a forensic analysis through to its successful conclusion.
- Providing expert level confident, clear, effective communication exhibiting extensive experience obtained in Computer Forensics with all customers through all forms of communication including direct contact, conference calls, voice, e-mail, fax, etc.
- Conducting or assisting, at an expert level, with common or advanced data collections and forensic analysis. Providing proactive expert level documentation for the analysis, rebuilding, recovery and presentation of relevant computer forensic information. Being able to fully explain the recovery of data from storage media using computer forensic analysis methods to access and analyse data, determine relevancy, and/or provide an expert level output to meet customer objectives.
- Working with management to determine best practices used to conduct Computer Forensics work. Working with, mentoring, and helping lead team members down a path of established best practices. Helping to thoroughly test certain tools to maximize the effectiveness of services provided to customers.
- Providing an expected professional level of customer service and expert level technical support as needed or required.
- Effectively handling requests from more junior associates concerning analytical process, strategy, facts and circumstances. Providing guidance for best practices and the most desirable courses of action given certain facts and circumstances. Acting as an escalation point for client concerns and issues, and work with the client and internal forensic/collection consultants to develop an action plan to alleviate client concern and mitigate frustration. Making decisions as appropriate and further escalate when necessary.
- Preparing comprehensive documentation and training of learned knowledge to consultants and/or sales teams, or temporary departmental work as needed.
- Providing managerial oversight and development of junior consultants.
- Ability to demonstrate expert level ability to communicate in an intelligent, positive, readily understood manner. Expert level experience to clearly explain technical information so that it is understood by all customers. Showing your ability to conduct expert level and detailed discussions, with complicated or common scenarios, with any potential or existing client in a clear, confident, positive manner.
- Fully understand, explain, and follow accepted forensic protocols, processes and procedures used internally to find and provide relevant, requested output to meet customer objectives
- Using your experience to determine best practices and apply that knowledge at an expert level to assist with the testing of tools with the overall goals being to analyse media, recover deleted data, create reports, and meet customer objectives as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Assisting sales personnel, project managers, managers, and consultants with customer conference calls and help answer customer questions about technology, terminology, data relevancy, reports and the accessing of data that they possess or that has been provided to them through analysis and reporting.
- Business travel is required at times to conduct onsite data collections, depositions, testimony preparation and appearances in court. Travel is typically between 40% and 50% for this position, though it could be more depending on client requirements. Onsite data collections can be conducted at any hour of the day to minimise disruption to the client’s business operations. Some data collections may span multiple days.
- You must be degree educated from an accredited college or university and relevant experience in the field of Digital Forensics.
Data Collection Experience
- 5+ years’ experience conducting drive and/or mobile device imaging/collection; or
- 5+ years’ experience conducting network collections; or
- 5+ years’ experience conducting Webmail/Social Media collections; or
- 5+ years’ experience conducting Remote Data Collections; or
- 5+ years’ experience conducting targeted live collections (remote & onsite); or
- 5+ years’ experience conducting one or more of the above
Data Analysis Experience
- EnCase or similar forensics certification; and
- 3+ years’ experience conducting forensic analysis of data; and
- 5+ years’ experience preparing written reports concerning the analysis of data; and
- Filed at least one affidavit or declaration as the person of record concerning forensic analysis of data or data collection activities
- Provided at least one instance of oral court testimony (e.g., deposition, hearing or trial).
Non-technical skills are required:
- 3+ years’ experience in project scoping and formulating project plans; and
- 5+ years’ experience interacting with clients and receiving favorable/positive feedback
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Non-technical skills are desirable:
- Civil or Criminal investigations background
- Substantial testifying experience
- Experience managing people/teams