Base Salary – £80,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated eDiscovery Specialist/Project Manager to join the London Office of a successful, global Law Firm.
The position reports to the Manager and Director of Global Practice Services (GPS) but will operate with significant autonomy.
As a trusted member of the GPS team, the successful candidate will build consensus across the firm as you support global litigation, regulatory, and investigations for the firm and its clients. In this role you will be responsible for eDiscovery support across the UK and EMEA.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable working across all aspects of the EDRM with hands on experience processing data, running analytics, supporting document review and running productions in LAW, Relativity and Brainspace. The Specialist is a solutions-oriented professional that oversees the execution of eDiscovery projects and is ultimately responsible for the quality and timeliness of any deliverables or deadlines.
As a subject matter expert in eDiscovery, the Specialist consults with attorneys on appropriate solutions related to all phases of the litigation and EDRM lifecycle. The Specialist actively builds relationships with case teams, customizing their support-style and technical delivery to meet the attorney’s expectations and maintain GPS’s standards and industry best practices. In addition, they have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work proactively with case teams across the organization.
The eDiscovery Specialist is responsible for promoting and ensuring the effective use of leading litigation technology for Firm litigation matters as well as adhering to all GPS and Business Intelligence (“BI”) policies, procedures, best practices and guidelines. This includes, but is not limited to, engaging with legal teams and providing technical support and assistance with the planning, design, development, application and implementation of technology and database systems such as Relativity, Relativity Processing, Brainspace, Livenote, Casemap, Timemap Sanction, LAW, external web-based document repositories, and external web-based case management tools.
The candidate should be self-motivated, able to quickly learn new software and procedures, can exercise good judgment and show initiative in resolving problems and completing assignments. Must work well under pressure, independently and in a team environment. Effective written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
Ideal candidate must also assist with external legal-vendor management and oversight, as well as legal-vendor diversity efforts. You will be expected to apply eDiscovery subject matter expertise to meaningfully contribute to strategic planning and program development. Rapidly identify, analyse and address complicated issues, and distil that complexity into simple and concise communication to influence outcomes in cross-functional settings.
- Effectively manage client expectations, coordinate and manage project details, and coordinate with case teams, vendors and external clients during the entire project to ensure work is done to attorney satisfaction and company standards.
- Gather and document project expectations and technical specifications and ensure that the case is executed to these standards.
- Continuously monitor, manage and support several eDiscovery projects to ensure deadlines are met.
- Communicate frequently with Case teams and/or the client to resolve issues and provide status updates as needed.
- Provide hands-on support in LAW, Relativity and Brainspace for a variety of requests, including case creation, field and coding layout creation, indexing, advanced searches, creation of document review batches, pre-production searches, and quality assurance.
- Maintain all appropriate project tracking documentation and prepare all required reports as requested.
- Interact with case teams to develop strong relationships and demonstrate a high level of commitment to success.
Requirements and Competencies
- Ideally educated to degree level, JD, LLB or LLM candidates
- Minimum of 6-10+ years of experience in the eDiscovery or litigation support industry, 5 years in Project Management preferably at an AMLaw 100 firm or Fortune 500 company.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with Relativity, Relativity Processing LAW and Brainspace. (Relativity Certified Admins Strongly Preferred).
- Strong technical understanding and experience with the e-discovery process (EDRM), litigation lifecycle a must.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with a professional demeanour and excellent customer service skills.
- Able to coordinate with a variety of audiences, including attorneys, corporate clients and technology professionals.
- Strategic thinker with analytical and problem-solving experience
- Well-developed organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think under pressure, both individually and in a team environment